What is Zero Waste to Landfill (ZWL)?
The Zero Waste to Landfill (ZWL) is the principle set in order to focus on the prevention of the wastes, the ZWL encourages the organizations to redesign the processes & resource life cycles in such a way that the products are reused. The main objective of the Zero Waste to Landfill (ZWL) is to produce zero waste/trash which is to be sent to landfills, incinerators, or the ocean.
Zero Waste to Landfill (ZWL) is a widely used term among the waste management industry, which emphasis on the environmentally friendly methods to facilitate the reduction in the amount of waste which will end up in landfill.
Even though Zero is used it is impossible in real life scenario to achieve this as not all types of waste can’t be processed and eventually may end up in landfill. The main objective of the ZWL is that the organization should aim that their landfill usage is reduced significantly by trying to divert 99% of its waste from the landfill.
VIDEO : ZWL Certification
Mr. Hariba Deshwal
We appreciate your support & also we wish you for your continual achievements.
Mr. Kunal Shah
Dedicated & punctual approach from the PQS Representative was very helpful. The knowledge & insights were vital to serve our purpose.
Mr. Surendra Yadav
We thank the company PQS for a very friendly guidance, at the same time very professional approach as needed.
Mr. Ramchandra Deshpande
It is indeed nice, knowledgeable & fruitful experience to work with PQS Team. Looking forward for a long term relationship.
Ms. Unnati Chamadia
Truly very hassle free. All the processes were done better than expected.
Hassle-free ZWL Certification with PQSmitra
PQSmitra Team helps organizations to implement the requirements of Zero Waste to Landfill – ZWL in the simplest and systematic manner. The methodology of system implementation covers Initial review, planning followed by implementation, and documentation. PQSmitra Team offers active support and hand-holding to organizations to achieve successful system implementation and positive results. 100% documentation support is offered to expedite the implementation process. The implementation process is described below:
Simple & Practical Methodology
- Initial visits and review of the existing System
- Gap analysis and planning for the documentation
- Training on sector-specific requirements and their implementation
- 100% documentation support
- Internal audit for verification of implemented system
- Support during the Audit
- Closure of non-conformities support if any
- Reward of Zero Waste to Landfill Certification
PQSmitra offers only Genuine Certifications Options.
We ensure that ZWL Certification adds value to your brand rather than distracting from it by getting counterfeit/local certification. Your certificate’s international traceability helps in passing the Certificate Verification process conducted by your overseas customers.
PQSmitra Service Features Appreciated by Clients
PQSmitra’s contribution towards cultural improvement is highly appreciated by Industry & Business Establishment.
This simple & practical solution of performance measurement system has added value towards business excellence.
20+ years of
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Reduce the use of materials at the source itself.
- Provision for the reuse of the material before disposal.
- Recycling of the materials into new product.
- Composting of the bio-degradable waste product.
- Energy from the waste (Efw).
- Landfill of the materials.
The organization opting for Zero Waste to Landfill – ZWL requires to fill the self-assessment to demonstrate its compliance, along with this the organization should be able to produce documents required during verification.
The documented information required for Zero Waste to Landfill.
- Zero waste Policy.
- Zero waste objectives.
- Procedures for waste management.
- Waste disposal records.
- Waste management communication.
- Recycle & recovery programs.
- The Zero Waste to Landfill is applicable to all the organizations irrespective of the shape & size and operations.
- Improves the products & processes environmental impact.
- Reduce the cost by proper utilization of materials.
- Promotes the social responsibility among the industry.
- Helps to build strategy related to waste management.
- Minimize waste generation.
- Complying to regulatory requirements.
- Efficient operations.
- 2002-2003 – The movement gained peaked & move from theory to action.2009 – The Zero Waste Lifestyle movement emergedPresent – Certification to ZWL by various certification bodies.
- Yes, achieving zero waste can make a difference.
- The zero waste movement disrupts the wasteful and unsustainable production/consumption cycle.
- It is primarily concerned with producing high-quality, long-lasting ethical products.
- A waste audit is a physical analysis of waste composition that provides a thorough understanding of problems, identifies potential opportunities, and provides you with a thorough analysis of your waste composition. A waste audit will assist you in identifying your waste generation in order to establish baseline or benchmark data.
- Procedures for Conducting a Waste AuditStep 1: Establish a clear vision and objective.Step 2: Choose the participants and research the field.Step 3: Gather the necessary equipment.Step 4: Sort the waste collected into categories.Step 5: Examine the findings and results.