What is HIGG INDEX?
It’s a self-assessment standard used in the apparel and footwear industry it is used for the assessment of environmental & social sustainability throughout the supply chain. The HIGG index was developed by a non-profit organization called Sustainable Apparel Coalition which consists of members from apparel or footwear retailers, affiliates, and trade associates, it also consists of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, institutions, and environmental non-profits organizations.
The first version of this index was developed in the year 2012, named after the Higgs Boson search which was discovered in the same year. The second version which was released in the year 2015 included social labour and convergence project. These changes aim to establish a uniform standard for auditing labour conditions as well as social impact in the field of apparel and footwear.
Comprised of 5 tools that form its core, which together assess the social & environmental performance on the supply chain as well as the impact it leaves on the environment. These tools include the Higg Facility Environmental Module (FEM), Higg Facility Social & Labour Module (FSLM), Higg Brand & Retail Module (BRM), Higg Materials Sustainability Index (MSI), and Higg Product Module (PM).
VIDEO : HIGG INDEX
Mr. Hariba Deshwal
We appreciate your support & also we wish you for your continual achievements.
Mr. Kunal Shah
Dedicated & punctual approach from the PQS Representative was very helpful. The knowledge & insights were vital to serve our purpose.
Mr. Surendra Yadav
We thank the company PQS for a very friendly guidance, at the same time very professional approach as needed.
Mr. Ramchandra Deshpande
It is indeed nice, knowledgeable & fruitful experience to work with PQS Team. Looking forward for a long term relationship.
Ms. Unnati Chamadia
Truly very hassle free. All the processes were done better than expected.
Hassle-free Higg Index Certification with PQSmitra
PQSmitra Team helps organizations to implement the requirements of HIGG FEM in the simplest and systematic manner. The methodology of system implementation covers Initial review, planning followed by implementation, and documentation. PQSmitra Team offers active support and hand-holding to organizations to achieve successful system implementation and positive audit results. 100% documentation support is offered to expedite the implementation process. The implementation process is described below:
Simple & Practical Methodology
- Initial visit and Helping in Company Registration on Higg portal
- Review of the existing system with respect to Higg self-assessment checklist.
- Updating the Higg self-assessment checklist with its evidence.
- Handholding/ support for implementation
- Support during the on-site verification.
- Inviting the SAC approved assessor (verifying body)
- Uploading self-assessment report on Higg portal
- Support to act on areas for improvement identified
PQSmitra offers only Genuine Certifications Options.
We ensure that Higg Index Certification adds value to your brand rather than distracting from it by getting counterfeit/local certification. Your certificate’s international traceability helps in passing the Certificate Verification process conducted by your overseas customers.
PQSmitra Service Features Appreciated by Clients
PQSmitra’s contribution towards cultural improvement is highly appreciated by Industry & Business Establishment.
This simple & practical solution of performance measurement system has added value towards business excellence.
20+ years of
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Environmental Management System.
- Energy Usage, its monitoring.
- Greenhouse gas.
- Water Consumption & disposal.
- Emissions into the atmosphere.
- Management of the waste.
- Procuring, storage, usage and disposal of chemicals.
- Human Resource activity.
- Total working/ operational hours of employees.
- Minimum wages as per legal requirement & benefits.
- No discrimination with employees.
- Labour union & involvement.
- Operational Health & Safety.
- Implemented Management Systems.
- Social corporate responsibility.
The organization opting for Higg Index FEM requires to fill the self-assessment to demonstrate its compliance, along with this the organization should be able produce documents required during verification.
The documented information required for Higg Index FEM
- EMS documents.
- Water use documents.
- Energy use & greenhouse gas emissions.
- Wastewater & Sewage documents.
- Exhaust emission documents.
- Waste Management documents.
- Chemical Management documents.
The organization opting for Higg Index FSLM requires to fill the self-assessment to demonstrate its compliance, along with this the organization should be able to produce documents required during verification.
The documented information required for Higg Index FSLM:
- Working hours records.
- Site ownership evidence.
- List of workers.
- Operating License.
- List of sub-contractors.
- Work Place rules compliances.
- Workers Contracts.
- Records for wages.
- Health & Safety records.
The Higg FEM is applicable to all the industries along the supply chain which deals in the following industry sectors:
- Textile Industries.
- Apparel Industries.
- Footwear Industries.
- Helps to identify sustainability issues immediately.
- Shows the organization’s approach towards sustainability.
- Provides a competitive edge over the competitors.
- Facilitates sustainability education & collaboration.
- Emphasis & improves the overall social labor practices.
- Assurance regarding 100% compliance to Social Labour practices.
- Accurate scoring & easy sharing of data with external interested parties.
- Helps to avoid the waste of time & cost required for audits.
- Passport to international market for business opportunities.
- Version 1.0: The First version of the Higg Index was made public on July 2012. In its first iteration, Higg Index metrics focus on environmental factors.
- Version 2.0: On December 2013 an updated version of Higg Index with metrics pertaining to footwear as well as labour and social sustainability was released.
- The Higg Index 2.0 is a technique for evaluating clothes and footwear products based on indicators (equipment and accessories coming soon). Its goal is to establish a common industry strategy to assessing and measuring sustainability impacts.