What is BRCGS for Food Safety?
Brand Reputation Compliance Global Standards (BRCGS) was founded in 1992 as a trade group for the UK food retail industry. For over two decades, the BRCGS has developed best practices guidelines for the food and manufacturing industries. The BRCGS Global Food standard has been in effect since 1998, and it was the first food safety standard recognized by the GFSI organization in 2000, indicating that the standard meets their “benchmark” criteria for adoption. The standard is developed as a “total quality management” programme, and it covers both food safety and quality requirements that food firms must achieve in order to be certified.
The GFSI recognizes the standards, which are used globally and aim to decrease the need for multiple supplier audits by harmonizing international food safety standards. Many of the world’s top retail companies, manufacturers, and food service organizations recognize BRC standards, granting the certificate bearer a worldwide mark of excellence.
BRC Global Standards instil confidence throughout the supply chain by assuring the standardization of quality, safety, and operational standards. Customers may be assured that their products are safe, legal, and of high quality because they set the standard for good manufacturing technique.
VIDEO : BRCGS Certification
Mr. Hariba Deshwal
We appreciate your support & also we wish you for your continual achievements.
Mr. Kunal Shah
Dedicated & punctual approach from the PQS Representative was very helpful. The knowledge & insights were vital to serve our purpose.
Mr. Surendra Yadav
We thank the company PQS for a very friendly guidance, at the same time very professional approach as needed.
Mr. Ramchandra Deshpande
It is indeed nice, knowledgeable & fruitful experience to work with PQS Team. Looking forward for a long term relationship.
Ms. Unnati Chamadia
Truly very hassle free. All the processes were done better than expected.
Hassle-free BRCGS for Food Safety Certification with PQSmitra
PQSmitra Team helps organizations to implement the requirements of Brand Reputation Compliance Global Standards(BRCGS) for Food Safety in the simplest and systematic manner. The methodology of system implementation covers Initial review, planning followed by implementation, and documentation. PQSmitra Team offers active support and hand-holding to organizations to achieve successful system implementation and positive audit results. 100% documentation support is offered to expedite the implementation process. The implementation process is described below:
Simple & Practical Methodology
- Review of the existing Quality Management System
- Refer Self-assessment template
- Gap analysis and planning for compliance
- Documentation including procedures, work instructions, etc.
- Training and Handholding support for implementation
- 100% documentation support
- Internal audit for verification of implemented system
- Inviting certification body from the directory to perform Audit
- Rewarding the certificate to the organization
PQSmitra offers only Genuine Certifications Options.
We ensure that BRCGS for Food Safety Certification adds value to your brand rather than distracting from it by getting counterfeit/local certification. Your certificate’s international traceability helps in passing the Certificate Verification process conducted by your overseas customers.
PQSmitra Service Features Appreciated by Clients
PQSmitra’s contribution towards cultural improvement is highly appreciated by Industry & Business Establishment.
This simple & practical solution of performance measurement system has added value towards business excellence.
20+ years of
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Senior Management Commitment.
- Hazard Analysis & critical control points (HACCP).
- Quality Management Systems.
- Environmental & operational conditions.
- Fraud prevention system.
- Product security & food defence.
- High care production risk zones requirements.
- The organization opting for BRCGS for Food Safety requires to fill the self-assessment to demonstrate its compliance, along with this the organization should be able produce documents required during verification.The documented information required for BRCGS for Food Safety
- Food Safety Policy.
- Food Safety Objectives.
- Food Safety Management Review meetings.
- Confidential Reporting System.
- Organisational Structure, responsibilities & management authority.
- Food Safety Plan incorporating Codex HACCP principles.
- Environmental & Operational programmes.
- Product Description.
- Process Flow Diagram.
- The BRCGS for food safety is applicable to all the organizations working in food industry such as retailers, manufacturers, importers, caterers & ingredient suppliers, raw material processors, food service organisations.
- Widely accepted & specified by leaders in food industry for supplier approval process.
- Compliance with the GFSI latest requirements.
- Compliance to regulatory requirements.
- Protects brand & customers.
- Reduce failure cost.
- Reduce rejected products & customer complaints.
- Internationally recognized practice to ensure the safety & quality of products.
- Continual improvement of the business.
- 1992 – The British Retail Consortium (BRCGS) was founded as a trade group for the UK food retail industry.
- 1998 – The BRCGS Global Food standard has been in effect.Issue 8 – The Food Safety Global Standard.Issue 9 – Feedbacks from stakeholders has been initiated.