What is FSSC 22000?
The FSSC 22000 is the major food safety management standard which is recognized by GFSI. The FSSC 22000 is managed by the foundation FSSC and is governed by the independent boards of directors consisting of the representatives from various sectors of the food industry.
The FSSC 22000 is formed on the basis of ISO 22000:2018, but earlier the ISO 22000 was not recognised as it didn’t meet the benchmark set by the GFSI. Therefore, the FSSC 22000 was issued which was formed on the basis of ISO 22000 along with sector specific prerequisite programs & Additional requirements of the FSSC.
FSSC 22000 has been developed for the certification of the Food Safety Management System, by certifying to FSSC 22000 an organization ensures its Food Safety by defining, evaluating & controlling hazards & its risks observed during the entire processes occurred throughout the food chain.
VIDEO : FSSC 22000
Mr. Hariba Deshwal
We appreciate your support & also we wish you for your continual achievements.
Mr. Kunal Shah
Dedicated & punctual approach from the PQS Representative was very helpful. The knowledge & insights were vital to serve our purpose.
Mr. Surendra Yadav
We thank the company PQS for a very friendly guidance, at the same time very professional approach as needed.
Mr. Ramchandra Deshpande
It is indeed nice, knowledgeable & fruitful experience to work with PQS Team. Looking forward for a long term relationship.
Ms. Unnati Chamadia
Truly very hassle free. All the processes were done better than expected.
Hassle-free FSSC 22000 Certification with PQSmitra
PQSmitra has helped many organizations achieve this mark of excellence. The simple and practical method of system implementation help organizations to set up a robust and effective system.
PQSmitra offers 100% support for documentation compliance in addition to onsite guidance for effective implementation. The implementation process is described below:
Simple & Practical Methodology
- Initial visits and review of the existing systems.
- Gap analysis and planning for the documentation
- Designing and developing of forms, formats, and procedures
- Training and Hand holding/ support for implementation
- 100% documentation support
- Internal audit for verification of implemented system
- Certification audit
- Closure of non-conformities support if any
- Rewarding the certificate to the organization
PQSmitra offers only Genuine Certifications Options.
We ensure that FSSC 22000 Certification adds value to your brand rather than distracting from it by getting counterfeit/local certification. Your certificate’s international traceability helps in passing the Certificate Verification process conducted by your overseas customers.
PQSmitra Service Features Appreciated by Clients
PQSmitra’s contribution towards cultural improvement is highly appreciated by Industry & Business Establishment.
This simple & practical solution of performance measurement system has added value towards business excellence.
20+ years of
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Food Safety Management System.
- Management Responsibility.
- Resource Management.
- Planning & Realization of Safe Products.
- Continual Improvement of FSMS by validation & verification.
- Food defence system.
- Food fraud prevention system.
- Allergens management.
- Environmental monitoring.
The organization should demonstrate the compliance to the requirements of the FSSC 22000 in order to get certified, for that the organization needs to maintain & implement documents in accordance to the requirements of the standard which will be reviewed during the Audit.
The documented information required for FSSC 22000
- Procedures for Pre requisite program.
- Procedure for HACCP plan.
- Procedure for Hazard identification.
- Pest control report.
- Fumigation report.
- Pre-requisite program (PRP).
- Ph meter calibration report.
- Unloading vehicle checking report.
- HACCP Plan.
- Hazard analysis report.
- The FSSC 22000 is mainly applicable to the organizations which are into the production of the Food, and supply to international retail chains & wholesalers as well as to the manufacturer & processor of animal & vegetable products, long shelf life products (canned food), and ingredients (vitamins, enzymes).
- Systematic methodology to identify & mitigate Food safety risk.
- ISO based easy merged with other ISO based standards.
- Recognized by the GFSI as the benchmark standard in Food Safety.
- Promotes continual improvement of FSMS.
- Demonstrate your commitment to Food Safety.
- Enhance customer Satisfaction.
- International recognition as a reputed supplier.
- High creditability.
- Compliance to Legal & Statutory requirements.
- Gate pass for new business opportunities.
- 2004 – The FSSC was founded.
- 2005 – ISO 22000:2005 issued, not approved by GFSI due to lack of PRP.
- 2008 – PAS 220:2008 issued, which established PRP for ISO 22000.
- 2009 – FSSC 22000 issued as the combination of ISO 22000 & PAS 220.
- 2009 – FSSC 22000 content partially approved by GFSI.
- 2010 – FSSC 22000 completely recognized by GFSI.
- Both FSSC 22000 and ISO 22000 are international standards that deal with the most critical aspects of food industry. The key distinction between the two certifications is that, unlike the ISO standard, the FSSC 22000 system is recognized by the GFSI (Global Food Safety Initiative).
- The additional FSSC 22000 criteria cover subjects including service management, product labeling, food defense, and food fraud mitigation. There is an optional quality management module in the new version 5, which incorporates all of the ISO 9001 essential features into the FSSC 22000 certification.
- The FSSC 22000 scheme, which incorporates ISO 22000:2005 and PAS 220:2008 standards, addresses essential needs in major existing food safety standards or programmes such as GMP, HACCP, SQF, BRC, IFS, and GlobalGAP.
- Version 5.1 is the latest version which was published in the year 2020 and was applicable since April 2021