What is ZED Certification?
The Zero Defect Zero Effect scheme is operated by the Quality Council of India and aims to create an effective ecosystem for competitive, quality & clean manufacturing which would in turn help promote the development of world class made in India products by MSME’s.
The vision of ZED is to enable the advancement of our Indian industry to a position of reputation in the global marketplace and leverage India’s emergence as the world’s supplier through the Made in India mark. The ZED is an integrated and comprehensive certification system that will account for productivity, quality, pollution mitigation, energy efficiency, financial status, human resource, and technological depth including design and IPR in both products and processes.
In ZED Certification the Zero Defect concept focuses on
- Zero non-conformance or non-compliance
- Zero waste
The Zero Effect concept focuses on
- Zero air pollution, liquid discharge, solid waste
- Zero wastage of natural resources
For the certification every Zed rated MSMEs will be assessed & rated on defined enabler & outcome parameters on operational level indicators and organizational level indicators at the operational level. Based on the assessment, the Zed MSME will be ranked as Bronze-Silver-Gold-Diamond-Platinum enterprises. The rating provided will be valid for four years. The surveillance audit will be carried out by QCI.
VIDEO : ZED Certification
Mr. Hariba Deshwal
We appreciate your support & also we wish you for your continual achievements.
Mr. Kunal Shah
Dedicated & punctual approach from the PQS Representative was very helpful. The knowledge & insights were vital to serve our purpose.
Mr. Surendra Yadav
We thank the company PQS for a very friendly guidance, at the same time very professional approach as needed.
Mr. Ramchandra Deshpande
It is indeed nice, knowledgeable & fruitful experience to work with PQS Team. Looking forward for a long term relationship.
Ms. Unnati Chamadia
Truly very hassle free. All the processes were done better than expected.
Hassle-free ZED Certification with PQSmitra
The effective system implementation in the operational processes as per the ZED Certificate needs is the prime focus of PQSmitra. The value adding approach by PQSmitra Team has supported hundreds of clients to achieve ZED certification without any difficulty. The implementation process is described below:
Simple & Practical Methodology
- Review of the existing system with respect to ZED Questionnaires
- Gap analysis and planning for compliance
- Select a Certification Body of your choice
- Designing and developing of forms, formats, and procedures
- Training and Hand holding/ support for implementation
- 100% documentation support
- Submission of Documentations as per Questionnaires
- Assessment rating
- Rewarding the certificate to the organization
PQSmitra offers only Genuine Certifications Options.
We ensure that ZED Certification adds value to your brand rather than distracting from it by getting counterfeit/local certification. Your certificate’s international traceability helps in passing the Certificate Verification process conducted by your overseas customers.
PQSmitra Service Features Appreciated by Clients
PQSmitra’s contribution towards cultural improvement is highly appreciated by Industry & Business Establishment.
This simple & practical solution of performance measurement system has added value towards business excellence.
20+ years of
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
The ZED Certification scheme envisages promotion of Zero Defect Zero Effect (ZED) manufacturing amongst MSMEs and ZED Assessment for the certification with the following focus points
- Promote the adaptation of quality tools and energy efficient manufacturing
- Industry awareness programs, Workshops
- MIS (Online systems including e-platform for assessment and e-content for awareness & training).
- Develop an ecosystem for zero defect Manufacturing in the ZED MSMEs
- Encourage MSMEs to upgrade their quality standards in products and processes constantly
- Drive manufacturing with the adoption of Zero defect production processes and without impacting the environment
- Develop the professionals in the area of ZED manufacturing and certification.
- Quality System Documentation
- Process Control & Documents
- Performance Measurement Records
- Standard Operating Procedures & Work Instructions
- Visual Management Implementation
- Health & Safety Related Requirements
- Legal & Environmental Compliance
- Human Resources Competence & Upgradation
- Operational System Improvements.
- All MSMEs registered under MSMED Act, 2006 as amended from time to time and also to MSMEs which are included as par executive orders issued by AS&DC(MSME) consistent with MSME Act from time to time.
- Improved processes leading to profitable revenues
- Credible & reliable vendor recognition in the market
- Aligning with best practices
- Good interest rates and concession on loans
- High performing ZED certificate holders will be recognized nationally by the Ministry of MSME & QCI through an award and reward system which will help to showcase themselves globally
- Global competitiveness
- Market visibility & brand recognition.
- By zero defects, one implies that the product quality must be extremely good, and by zero effect, one means that manufacturing should have no negative impact on the environment.
- After assessment the validity period is 4 years
The rating provided will be valid for a period of 4 years. Surveillance audit will be carried out by the Quality Council of India.
ZED ratings provided in the maturity model are based on the MSME’s score:
The ratings provided in the maturity model are:
- If the MSME’s score is above 2.2 and up to 2.5, then the rating is Bronze
- If the MSME’s score is above 2.5 and up to 3.0, then the rating is Silver
- If the MSME’s score is above 3.0 and up to 3.5, then the rating is Gold
- If the MSME’s score is above 3.5 and up to 4.0, then the rating is Diamond
- If the MSME’s score is above 4.0 and up to 5.0, then the rating is Platinum
- In case an MSME scores 2.2 or lower, then-No a Rating is provided.
- The major goal is to create a Zero Defect manufacturing ecosystem in MSMEs. To encourage MSMEs to improve the quality of their products and processes on a regular basis. To drive manufacturing through the adoption of Zero Defect production procedures while minimizing environmental effects. It also supports the “Make in India” programme.
The zero defects principle ensures that a project is free of waste. As well as all unproductive procedures, tools, people, and so on are referred to as waste. The concept of “doing it properly the first time” is common in the zero defects theory to avoid costly and time-consuming corrections later in the project management process.