What is ATEX QAN – Quality Assurance Notification?
This process is in accordance with the Atex Directive for the EU for the equipment to be used in zones 1 and 0 (also 21 and 20). It is a mandatory Quality Assurance System for companies that apply for an ATEX EU-Type examination. To be permitted to sell ATEX products on the European market, manufacturers must obtain a Quality Assurance Notification (QAN) issued by a Notified Body.
The Quality Assurance Notification is the continued monitoring of systems and processes in relation to those products in accordance with EN 80079-34. Atex equipment manufacturers must comply with the appropriate Annex(es) of the ATEX Directive (IV, V, VI, VII, or IX) depending on zone designation of the equipment, if the product(s) are mass-produced or a fixed number of units are manufactured, and if ISO 9001 certification is in place.
If the manufacturer already holds a valid ISO 9001 certificate, the process is a little simpler as many of the fundamental requirements for ISO 9001 and EN 80079-34 overlap. It is advisable for a manufacturer due to undergo an Atex quality audit to refer to EN 80079-34 and make any necessary changes to implement EN 80079-34 requirements into its existing system.
VIDEO : Atex Qan - Quality Assurance Notification
Mr. Hariba Deshwal
We appreciate your support & also we wish you for your continual achievements.
Mr. Kunal Shah
Dedicated & punctual approach from the PQS Representative was very helpful. The knowledge & insights were vital to serve our purpose.
Mr. Surendra Yadav
We thank the company PQS for a very friendly guidance, at the same time very professional approach as needed.
Mr. Ramchandra Deshpande
It is indeed nice, knowledgeable & fruitful experience to work with PQS Team. Looking forward for a long term relationship.
Ms. Unnati Chamadia
Truly very hassle free. All the processes were done better than expected.
Hassle-free Atex Qan Certification with PQSmitra
PQSmitra has helped many organizations achieving this mark of excellence. The simple and practical method of system implementation help organizations to set up a robust and effective system. We offer 100% support for documentation compliance in addition to onsite guidance for effective implementation. The implementation process is described below:
Simple & Practical Methodology
- Initial visits and review of the existing product
- Gap analysis and planning for the technical documentation
- Designing and developing of forms, formats, and procedures
- Training and Handholding/ support for implementation
- 100% documentation support
- Verification of implemented system
- Management review
- Certification audit
- Closure of non-conformities support if any
- ATEX QAN Rewards the certificate to the organization
PQSmitra offers only Genuine Certifications Options.
We ensure that ATEX QAN Certification adds value to your brand rather than distracting from it by getting counterfeit/local certification. Your certificate’s international traceability helps in passing the Certificate Verification process conducted by your overseas customers.
PQSmitra Service Features Appreciated by Clients
PQSmitra’s contribution towards cultural improvement is highly appreciated by Industry & Business Establishment.
This simple & practical solution of performance measurement system has added value towards business excellence.
20+ years of
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Establishing a stringent quality management system for industry targeting for ATEX product certification
- Streamlining and Standardizing the business processes
- Risk management for the business
- Formulating Quality Policy and Objectives
- Setting up system for documentation and records
- Management information system
- Business performance and sustainability
- The organization shall demonstrate continual improvement in the field of quality management system by maintaining, establishing, implementing and providing documented information.The documented information required for Atex Certification
- The organizations scope
- The organizations Quality policy and Quality Objectives
- A Quality Manual
- Standard operating Procedures
- Records at individual process / department. E.g. Sales, Purchase, Production, Quality Assurance, Maintenance, Customer Service.
This Process of Quality Assurance is Applicable to all the industries which want ATEX product Certification such as:
- Onshore and offshore oil and gas rigs
- Petrochemical Refineries
- Fuel Distribution Depots
- Oil and gas pipeline installation, repair, and maintenance
- Chemical and pharmaceutical industries
- Building, construction, and civil engineering in hazardous environments.
- Producers and users of solvents, paints, varnishes, and other flammable liquids
- Printing and textiles
- Food manufacturers, wood processors, grain handling & storage- where dust are generated
- Engineering where dust is created due to machining, grinding, and sanding.
- Fast European market access for your product.
- Manufacturers targeting global market especially Europe for equipment to be installed in explosive environment.
- Entry passport for supply to in Explosive Atmosphere industries.
- Better business opportunities and revenue.
- Status of organization with premium certification.
- Elimination of non-value-added activities from the system.
- Satisfaction and Retention of Valuable Customers.
- Better sustainability prospects.
- A surveillance audit then takes place approximately every 18 months, (12 months if ISO 9001 certification is not held) with a new ATEX QAN certificate issued every 3 years.