What is IRIS?
The International Railway Industry Standard (IRIS) is an internationally recognized management system standard specific to the railway industry. It is based on the ISO 9001 structure but stipulates additional, railway-specific requirements for business management systems.
In 2005, the IRIS Group was established as a UNIFE Group with the goal of securing higher quality in the railway industry. All certification bodies shall have an accreditation in accordance with ISO/IEC 17021:2015 and an IRIS approval. IRIS is an initiative led by the Association of European Railway Industries (UNIFE). Equipment manufacturers applying for an IRIS Certificate must obtain it from an independent certification body. The flow of activities towards IRIS certifications is as follows:
- Organization registers for membership at the UNIFE portal
- compilation of the information questionnaire
- pre-audits to verify potential gaps in compliance with the IRIS standard
- readiness review audits to verify compliance with IRIS pre-requisites
- certification audit and issue of the certification
- Recertification audit (after three years).
This standard is utilized by the organizations to standardize the processes in the railway industries to exhibit their capacity to consistently provide products and services that meet client and regulatory prerequisites and to show continuous improvement. It is not a product standard that define product quality, it controls your process the product meet customer requirement.
VIDEO : IRIS
Mr. Hariba Deshwal
We appreciate your support & also we wish you for your continual achievements.
Mr. Kunal Shah
Dedicated & punctual approach from the PQS Representative was very helpful. The knowledge & insights were vital to serve our purpose.
Mr. Surendra Yadav
We thank the company PQS for a very friendly guidance, at the same time very professional approach as needed.
Mr. Ramchandra Deshpande
It is indeed nice, knowledgeable & fruitful experience to work with PQS Team. Looking forward for a long term relationship.
Ms. Unnati Chamadia
Truly very hassle free. All the processes were done better than expected.
Hassle-free IRIS Certification with PQSmitra
IRIS being a specific standard for railway industry, the system implementation requirements are stringent and effective. PQSmitra has been a reputed consultancy provider for more than 20 years. The systematic approach throughout the project execution by PQSmitra has supported many clients to implement effective system and avail Premium International Certification IRIS implementation process is described below:
Simple & Practical Methodology
- Initial visits and review of the existing system
- Identification of controls and planning for implementation
- Documentation including procedures, work instructions etc.
- Training and Hand holding/ support for implementation
- Internal audit for verification of implemented system
- Management review
- Certification audit –
Stage 1 & Stage 2
- Closure of non-conformities support if any
- Rewarding the certificate to the organization
PQSmitra offers only Genuine Certifications Options.
We ensure that IRIS Certification adds value to your brand rather than distracting from it by getting counterfeit/local certification. Your certificate’s international traceability helps in passing the Certificate Verification process conducted by your overseas customers.
PQSmitra Service Features Appreciated by Clients
PQSmitra’s contribution towards cultural improvement is highly appreciated by Industry & Business Establishment.
This simple & practical solution of performance measurement system has added value towards business excellence.
20+ years of
Certification Bodies Associated with PQSmitra
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Streamlining and Standardizing the manufacturing processes and other business processes
- Product safety and warranty management
- Integration of Customer Specific Requirements
- Risk management and contingency planning
- Configuration management and Product traceability
- Formulating Quality Policy and Objectives
- Setting up a system for documentation and records.
- Management Information System
The organization shall demonstrate continual improvement in the field of quality management system for the railway industry by maintaining, establishing, implementing and providing documented information.
The documented information required for ISO registration
- The organization’s scope
- The organizations Quality & Safety policy and Quality & Safety Objectives
- A Quality Manual
- Standard Operating Procedures
- Records at individual process/department. E.g. Sales, Purchase, Production, Quality Assurance, Maintenance, Customer Service.
Documents, including records, deemed necessary by the organization.
- The certification is availed primarily by the organizations in the supply chain of the railway industry. This standard can also be used in other industry sectors when a quality management system with additional requirements over an ISO 9001:2015 system is needed.
NOTE:The eligible organizations shall be able to furnish data related to the railway industry while certification audit.
- Certification Offer web-based availability of your certification information to your current and prospective customers
- The certificate is recognized by other industry sectors
- Deletion of non-value-added activities and Waste elimination
- Manufacturing process controls enhancing Quality and Productivity
- Business process streamlining and efficiency improvement
- Responsibility and Accountability across the organization
- A step towards customer delight
- The IRIS certificate is valid for a maximum of three years, beginning when all criteria are met and ending 36 months after the last day of the certification audit, provided that all subsequent surveillance audits are successful in achieving the standards throughout that period.
- The standard ISO/TS 22163:2017 specifies the requirements for rail companies’ business management systems. This standard is primarily based on ISO 9001:2015 (quality management system). In addition, the ISO/TS 22163:2017 includes particular requirements tailor-made for the high-quality management in the railway sector.
- The company is responsible for registering on the IRIS Portal, which is the initial step in the IRIS certification process. Once registered, the company must verify and update the registration information on a regular basis. All official documents related IRIS which include and are not limited to the reports and certificates.