What is IATF 16949:2016?
IATF 16949 is a global Quality Management System Standard for the Automotive industry. It was developed by the International Automotive Task Force (IATF), with support from AIAG (Automotive Industry Action Group). It was initially developed in 1999 to harmonize different quality assessment and accreditation methods that give persistent improvement, emphasizing defect prevention and the reduction of variation and waste in the automotive business supply chain. IATF 16949:2016 integrates existing American and European automotive quality management systems standards within the global automotive industry.
IATF16949 is a standard that builds up the prerequisites for a Quality Management System (QMS), explicitly for the Automotive sector. It applies to any organization which is active in the supply chain of automotive products. It prepares the organization to demonstrate its commitment towards the quality of product and compliance with customer requirements.
IATF16949 is an independent QMS standard that is completely lined up with the structure and prerequisites of IATF 16949:2016. Therefore, the IATF 16949 can’t be implemented alone as an independent document, but it should be implemented as an enhancement related to IATF 16949:2016.
VIDEO : IATF 16949
Mr. Hariba Deshwal
We appreciate your support & also we wish you for your continual achievements.
Mr. Kunal Shah
Dedicated & punctual approach from the PQS Representative was very helpful. The knowledge & insights were vital to serve our purpose.
Mr. Surendra Yadav
We thank the company PQS for a very friendly guidance, at the same time very professional approach as needed.
Mr. Ramchandra Deshpande
It is indeed nice, knowledgeable & fruitful experience to work with PQS Team. Looking forward for a long term relationship.
Ms. Unnati Chamadia
Truly very hassle free. All the processes were done better than expected.
Hassle-free Certification with PQSmitra
PQSmitra has developed a module of IATF16949 QMS implementation at the client organization. The expertise for more than 20 years has supported more than 2500 clients from automotive industry to implement simple, practical and effective systems. PQSmitra offers 100% documentation support, training and also the hand holding to team members which makes the entire project execution easy, hassle free and result oriented. The IATF 16949:2016 implementation process is described below:
Simple & Practical Methodology
- Initial visits and review of the existing system.
- Gap analysis and planning for the documentation
- Select a Certification Body of your choice
- Designing and development of forms, formats and procedures
- Training and Hand holding/ support for implementation
- 100% documentation support
- Internal audit for verification of implemented system
- Management review
- Certification audit –
Stage 1 & Stage 2
- Closure of non-conformities support if any
- Rewarding the certificate to the organization
PQSmitra offers only Genuine Certifications Options.
We ensure that IATF 16949 Certification adds value to your brand rather than distracting from it by getting counterfeit/local certification. Your certificate’s international traceability helps in passing the Certificate Verification process conducted by your overseas customers.
PQSmitra Service Features Appreciated by Clients
PQSmitra’s contribution towards cultural improvement is highly appreciated by Industry & Business Establishment.
This simple & practical solution of performance measurement system has added value towards business excellence.
20+ years of
Certification Bodies Associated with PQSmitra
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Streamlining and Standardizing the manufacturing processes and other business processes
- Product safety and warranty management
- Integration of Customer Specific Requirements
- Risk management and contingency planning
- Core tools including PPAP, APQP, SPC, MSA, and FMEA
- Formulating Quality Policy and Objectives
- Setting up a system for documentation and records.
- Management Information System
The organization shall demonstrate continual improvement in the field of IATF 16949 by maintaining, establishing, implementing, and providing documented information.
The documented information required for IATF registration
- The organization’s scope
- The organizations Quality policy and Quality Objectives
- A Quality Manual
- Standard Operating Procedures
- Contingency plan
- Documentation of Records
- Manufacturing sites for production parts
- service parts
- Accessory parts
That shall be mechanically attached or electrically connected to the vehicle are manufactured and supplied to automotive customers are eligible for IATF 16949 certification.
NOTE: The eligible organizations shall be able to furnish data related to automotive supply for a minimum period of 12 months while certification audit. If the automotive supplies by the organizations have started less than 12 months then the organization can avail of “Letter of Compliance (LOC)” issued by the certification body. The formal IATF 16949:2016 certification can be applied only after the automotive supplies for more than 12 months.
- Entry passport for supply to automotive OEMs.
- Deletion of non-value-added activities and Waste elimination
- Cost-effectiveness at various stages of the operations of the organizations
- Improved product safety and warranty management
- Manufacturing Quality and Productivity improvement
- Business process streamlining and efficiency improvement
- Responsibility and Accountability across the organization
- Good Marketing Tool and Credibility in Overseas Business.
- Satisfaction and Retention of Valuable Customers
- Better sustainability prospects
- Year 1999 – ISO/TS 16949 Standard for Quality Management System for automotive industry was published.
- Year 2002 – 1st Revision of ISO/TS 16949 Standard was published.
- Year 2009 – 2nd Revision of ISO/TS 16949 Standard was published.
- Year 2016 – IATF 16949:2016 Quality Management System standards explicitly for automotive industry was published. It replaced the earlier standard ISO/TS 16949:2009
- ISO 9000:2015 – Quality management – customer satisfaction – Guidelines for complaint handling in organizations
- ISO/TS 16949:2009 Quality management system for the automotive industry
- AIAG manual for SPC (Statistical process control)
- AIAG manual for PPAP (Production part approval process)
- AIAG manual for APQP (Advanced product quality planning)
- AIAG manual for FMEA (Failure mode and effect analysis)
- AIAG manual for MSA (Measurement system analysis)
- Please visit the IATF oversight website at http://www.iatfglobaloversight.org and enter the IATF certificate number mentioned above in the certificate validity check area to ensure that this certificate is current.
- The IATF 16949 standard can be followed at any time, although it is most commonly utilized when:Customers mention this as a contract condition.Businesses aim to enhance their products and customer pleasure.
- IATF 16949 applies to organizations that are part of or related to the automotive industry. Some of these organizations are:Automobile manufacturersManufacturers of automotive partsMaterial suppliers for automobile and automotive parts manufacturersAutomotive design centers Automotive distribution centers Quality management organizations that work with automobile manufacturers Other organizations that work in or are related to the automotive industry.
- ISO 9001 defines the fundamental requirements of a quality management system for all organizations, whereas IATF 16949 discusses QMS requirements for automotive organizations. The ISO 9001 standard focuses on customer satisfaction, whereas the IATF 16949 standard focuses on customer-specific requirements.
- The validity of the IATF 16949:2016 Certification is 3 Years with a surveillance audit after every 1 year.
- Manufacturers must follow strict industry requirements throughout the production and testing process in order for a component to be automotive certified. IATF 16949, AEC-Q100, and AEC-Q200 are three important standards, the international standard for quality management systems in the automotive sector.
- IATF 16949 will replace ISO 16949, which is the most frequently used international quality standard in the automobile industry. The new certification, which was created by members of the Automotive Industry Action Group, modifies the quality management system standards for all automotive OEMs and suppliers.
- IATF 16949:2016 mandates the following papers. The IATF 16949:2016 standard is based on ISO 9001:2015, therefore it includes all of the criteria for documented information stated in ISO 9001, as well as additional obligatory documentation.
- Allow plenty of time for planning
- Documented information must be available for all processes
- Make the necessary preparations
- Review the existing system
- Examine the process and take corrective action wherever necessary