The Walt Disney Company’s International Labor Standards Program seeks to foster safe, inclusive, and respectful workplaces wherever Disney-branded products are produced. The International Labor Standards Program is an important component of The Walt Disney Company’s Corporate Social Responsibility and Responsible Supply Chain efforts.
Disney’s Code of Conduct for Manufacturers (“Disney Code”) establishes Disney’s expectations to produce Disney-branded products. As described below, the principles embodied in the Disney Code are consistent with the core conventions of the International Labour Organization.
Disney’s International Labor Standards Program (“ILS Program”) requires Licensees and Vendors to conduct ILS Audits and provide ILS Audit Reports on a regular basis, as described in this ILS Program Manual. This is intended to enable Disney and its Licensees and Vendors to gain greater visibility into the working conditions of Facilities in which Disney-branded products are produced and to promote continuous improvement in meeting the requirements of the Disney Code and the objectives of the ILS Program in fostering safe, inclusive, and respectful workplaces.
As a Licensee or Vendor of Disney, you are responsible for ensuring that Disney-branded products are produced in compliance with the ILS Program. ILS Program Manual outlines requirements for Licensees and Vendors and includes reference materials to help you meet your obligations. It is very vital to review ILS Program Manual and to ensure the adequate knowledge, experience, and capacity to meet the expectations of the ILS Program.
Applicability (Which organizations can comply to Walt Disney ILS programme??)
- Manufacturing units including sub-contractors intend to supply Disney-branded products.
Focus Points – Walt Disney ILS programme (Minimum Compliance)
- Child Labor
- Involuntary Labor
- Coercion and Harassment
- Health and Safety
- Monitoring and Compliance
Benefits of WALT DISNEY International Labor Standards (ILS) Programme
- Recognition of socially compliant organization
- Opportunity to participate in Supply Chain of Disney-branded products.
- Opportunity for exports. Supplier Approval by overseas customers
- Compliance with business, legal, contractual, and regulatory requirements
- Improved structure and focus with respect to Business Ethics
WALT DISNEY International Labor Standards (ILS) Programme – Implementation Process by PQSmitra
PQSmitra Team helps in easy understanding of the ILS programme requirements and simple methods for practical implementation. Team offers all the support to complete audit related documentation formalities. The initial review of the existing practices being followed at the organization is the starting point for the ILS programme. 100% documentation support is offered to achieve successful audit results.The implementation process is described below:
- Initial visits and review of the existing system with respect to Walt Disney ILS programme
- Gap analysis and planning for compliance
- Documentation including procedures, work instructions etc.
- Internal audits to verify the compliance prior to final audit
- Management review
- Audit / verification
- Closure of non-conformities