Walmart is committed to promoting the dignity of men and women in our supply chains. They collaborate across industries and organizations around the world to help combat forced and underage labor, address unsafe working conditions, and promote the dignity of women.
Walmart monitors for and investigate issues in the supply chain, embed responsible sourcing practices into buying decisions, and engage in initiatives to find root cause solutions that can transform entire supply chains.
Walmart’s social compliance requirements are constantly evolving to address all facets of ethical supply chain management.
Applicability (Which organizations can comply to Walmart?)
- Manufacturing units including sub-contractors in Walmart Supply chain
Focus Points – Walmart Social Compliance Audit
- Compliance With Laws
- Voluntary Labor
- Labor Hours
- Hiring and Employment Practices
- Freedom of Association and Collective Bargaining
- General Health and Safety
- Dormitories and Canteen
- Gifts and Entertainment
- Conflicts of Interest
- Financial Integrity
Note : The above audit criteria is mentioned based on the experience& for reference purpose. As it the sole property of Walmart, the checklist/audit criteria can be modified and revised at any point in time.
Benefits of Walmart Social Compliance Audit
- Recognition of socially compliant organization
- Opportunity to participate in Supply Chain of Disney-branded products.
- Opportunity for exports. Supplier Approval by overseas customers
- Compliance with business, legal, contractual, and regulatory requirements
- Improved structure and focus with respect to Business Ethics
Walmart Social Compliance Audit- Implementation Process by PQSmitra
PQSmitra Team helps in easy understanding of the Walmart social compliance audit requirements and simple methods for practical implementation. Team offers all the support to complete audit related documentation formalities. The initial review of the existing practices being followed at the organization. 100% documentation support is offered to achieve successful audit results. The implementation process is described below:
- Initial visits and review of the existing system with respect to Walmart social compliance audit
- Gap analysis and planning for compliance
- Documentation including procedures, work instructions etc.
- Internal audits to verify the compliance prior to final audit
- Management review
- Audit / verification
- Closure of non-conformities