Support by PQSmitra for customer audit
Maruti Suzuki India Ltd (MSIL) formerly known as Maruti Udyog Limited, is an automobile manufacturer in India and it is a subsidiary of the Japanese car and motorcycle manufacturer Suzuki Motor Corporation.
Maruti Suzuki is a manufacturer & seller of cars in India. Gurgaon, Manesar and Gujarat are the three states, where the cars are manufactured. There are multiple vendors, who manufacture components / parts as per the MSIL requirements.
The focus of this audit/assessment is to ensure and maintain consistency in quality of component / part supplied by the vendor and the delivery performance by each supplier in automotive supply chain. In order to have better control over supplier database, , MSIL introduced the concept of “Vendor Quality System Assessment – Tier 2”, which ensures the controls on the processes carried out at the vendor’s end.
Few Focus Points of MSIL – Vendor Quality System Assessment
- Production preparation / New Product Development
- Regulation for initial production control
- Changing management
- Standards management
- Education and training
- Quality audit and process verification
- Supplier control
- Handling abnormality in quality
- 5S management
- Equipment / Inspection equipment’s management
- Implementation of standards
- Products management
- Handling Management
- Critical parts Management
- Adequate testing facility
- Process Audit
- Scale and Top Management bandwidth
- Legal Compliance and Environment
Note : The above audit criteria is mentioned based on the experience. As it the sole property of Maruti Suzuki India Ltd, the checklist/audit criteria can be modified and revised at any point in time.
MSIL – Vendor Quality System Assessment (Tier 2) – Implementation Process by PQSmitra
The vendor quality system assessment helps the MSIL to identify and continue the only potential suppliers and the respective supplier gets an opportunity to grow its business with the OEM.
PQSmitra offers services for successful implementation of the systems based on the audit criteria and checklist. PQSmitra team adopts a systematic approach which helps in effective implementation and better audit results.
PQSmitra has developed a standard methodology to implement the customer specific requirements. The implantation methodology is as below:
- Study MSIL – Vendor Quality System Assessment latest requirements
- Initial review of the existing system and documentation
- System deigning, training and assistance for the system implementation
- Routine system verification and further improvement
- Audit and Reporting
The exclusive services offered by PQSmitra have supported many suppliers to comply to the specific customer requirements and achieve approved supplier status.