Support by PQSmitra for customer audit
Ashok Leyland being a manufacturer of Automobile and Commercial Vehicle. There are multiple vendors, who manufacture components / parts as per the Ashok Leyland requirements.
In the recent past, Ashok Leyland introduced the concept of “Supplier Capability Assessment” and “Supplier Warehouse / Processing Audit”, that will ensure the control over the processes carried out at the vendor’s end. The requirements of this audit checklists are implemented by the vendors in supply chain to assure the consistency in quality, delivery, and overall performance.
The focus is the upgradation of the supplier with respect to Quality, Productivity, Safety and Systems to ensure the quality of component / part supplied by the vendor.
Few Focus Points of Ashok Leyland – Supplier Capability Assessment Audit
- Manufacturing Capability
- Problem Solving Capability
- Quality Control Capability
- Prevention Capability
- Delivery Performance
- Customer Supplier Management
- Design and Development
- Management Culture (Vision, Mission, Financial Stability, Balance customer focus, Statutory regulations)
- TQM culture focus(Safety, Gemba, QMS and Lean 5S)
List of few processes covered – Ashok Leyland – Supplier Warehouse / Processing Audit
- Meeting demands related to delivery
- Controls over quality parameters
- Training to employees
- Health and Safety performance
- Fire safety
- Legal compliance
Note : The above audit criteria is mentioned based on the experience. As it the sole property of Ashok Leyland Ltd, the checklist/audit criteria can be modified and revised at any point in time.
Ashok Leyland – Supplier Warehouse / Processing Audit – Implementation Process by PQSmitra
PQSmitra offers services for successful implementation of the systems based on the audit criteria and checklist. PQSmitra team adopts a systematic approach which helps in effective implementation and better audit results.
PQSmitra has developed a standard methodology to implement the customer specific requirements. The implantation methodology is as below:
- Study Ashok Leyland – Supplier Warehouse / Processing Audit requirements
- Review of existing system at the client organization
- Training, Records and Documentation
- System verification at regular intervals
- Audit and Reporting
The services offered by PQSmitra for customer audits has helped many organizations to demonstrate better results and improved business relations with the customer.