Today, with the continuous growing population Road Traffic Safety is a global concern and this standard especially identifies requirements to have a proper Road Traffic Safety Management (RTS) that will enable an organization to know and have control over the road traffic system to reduce death and serious injuries caused due to road traffic crashes.
It is estimated that around 1.3 to 1.5 million people are killed or injured on roads due to poor road traffic management and the numbers are rising continuously. This ISO 39001 confirms that the organization has all the required tools to reduce/eliminate the risk of death & serious injury related to road traffic crashes. This International Standard is applicable to public and private organizations that interact with the road traffic system. It can be used by internal and external parties, including certification bodies, to assess the organization’s ability to meet the requirements.
The standard is designed to help you implement the best road safety practice in your organization, helping you to meet legal, industry, and stakeholder requirements and at the same time and also reducing your impact on communities and the environment. Experience from around the world has shown that large reductions in death and serious injury can be achieved through the adoption of a Safe System approach to RTS. By adopting this International Standard, organizations should be able to achieve
- RTS results at levels that exceed what can be achieved through compliance with laws and standards, and
- Their own objectives, and, at the same time, contribute to the achievement of society goals
This International Standard promotes the use of a PDCA (plan, do, check, act) process approach that will guide the organization towards delivery of the desired RTS results. ISO 39001 is the best benchmark for road traffic safety management. Achieve certification and you can ensure you are operating responsibly, prioritize the safety of your employees and demonstrate a consideration to other road users.
This International Standard is applicable to any organization, regardless of type, size and product or service provided, that wishes to
- Improve RTS performance,
- Establish, implement, maintain and improve an RTS management system,
- Assure itself of conformity with its stated RTS policy, and
- Demonstrate conformity with this International Standard.
Focus Points – ISO 39001 Road Traffic Safety (RTS) Management
- Setting up system for documentation and records.
- Management information system
- Risk management
- Business performance and sustainability
- Legal compliance
- Cultural improvement with respect to Road Traffic Management
- Adapt the requirements of the ISO 39001 standard to your business.
- Establishing and maintaining and internal audit program
- Holding management review meetings to evaluate the performance
Benefits of ISO 39001 Certification
- Meet organizational social & safety targets
- Ensure quality and road traffic safety
- Improved efficiency through better road safety management in place
- Achieve objectives regarding road traffic safety
- Gain competitive advantage
- Ensure customer reliability
- Be recognized as the first company to implement and achieve ISO 39001 Certification
ISO 39001 Certification Implementation Process by PQSmitra
ISO 39001 being a specific standard for road traffic safety, the system implementation requirements are stringent and effective. PQSmitra has been a reputed consultancy provider for more than 20 years. The systematic approach throughout the project execution has supported many clients to implement effective system and avail Premium International Certification.
The ISO 39001 implementation process is described below:
- Review of the existing Management System. This review is carried out through discussions and verifications of records during visits to the client organization.
- System designing and documentation (Records and Procedures). 100% documentation support is offered by PQSmitra.
- Training on sector specific requirements and its implementation. This is done with hand holding and team approach.
- Routine assistance and system verification to ensure compliance to the requirements.
- Internal audit and Management review
- Certification audit – Stage 1
- Follow corrective actions
- Certification audit – Stage 2
- Submission of action plan on audit observations
- Review of report by the certification authority and awarding the certificate to the organization