ISO 21001 is a quality management system that aims to standardize or prioritize an education management system so that it meets its learner needs. This standard intends to help the school, colleges, training providers & other educational providers/organizations to implement best practice which is also widely based on ISO 9001 quality management system.
All requirements of ISO 21001:2018 are generic and intended to be applicable to any organization that uses a curriculum to support the development of competence through teaching, learning, or research, regardless of the type, size, or method of delivery. Moreover, by becoming ISO 21001 certified, you can demonstrate to stakeholders that you are committed to improving your educational system.
In today’s world, education plays a very important role and the quality of education varies significantly. This certification signifies that the learners are receiving the best level of education available.
A proper Educational Organisation Management System (EOMS) emphasizes to have
- Quality Education (trained facilitators/teachers)
- A valued learner-centric approach
- Good resources and learning facilities
- Quality Curriculum and material relevant to learners
- Family and societal support
- Personalized support to students with special needs
- A safe and conducive learning environment
ISO 21001 also recognizes the technological revolution in every phase of the education system, from streamlining homework assignments, use of technology while teaching/better understanding to give a personalized support to students with special needs/distance learners.
In the coming years, ISO 21001 will be increasingly recognized as the most secured and independent measure of an education provider’s quality.
Applicability (Which organizations can avail ISO 21001 certification)
- Educational Organisations
- Professional Training Institutes
Benefits of ISO 21001 Certification
- Improve your Education System
- Will ensure that learners receive the desired quality of education while improving the learner’s productivity, safety, and wellbeing.
- Promote equal opportunities for all students regardless of their religious background, ethnic or cultural origin, gender, ability/disability
- Provide personalized training and effective response to all learners
- Stimulate excellence and innovation
- Make education more accessible (physical or online settings)
- Enhance competitiveness and credibility
- Enhance Sustainable Growth
- Enhance the reputation of your educational institution
Focus Points – ISO 21001 Implementation
- Streamlining and Standardizing the educational needs and its processes
- Formulating Quality Policy and Objectives of the educational institutes
- Setting up a system for documentation and records.
- Documentation Review and Gap Analysis
- Management information system
- Risk management for the business
- Performance and sustainability
ISO 21001:2018 Implementation Process by PQSmitra
PQSmitra adopts a result-oriented approach for effective system implementation at any Educational organization. The simple and practical method of system implementation helps organizations to enhance performance and sustainability. PQSmitra offers 100% documentation support to achieve successful certification in addition to enhanced business performance. The implementation process is described below:
- Initial visits and review of the existing system
- Gap analysis and planning for the documentation (Records and Procedures)
- Training and Handholding/ support for implementation
- Internal audit for verification of implemented system
- Management review
- Correct root cause and any conformances identified by the audit
- Certification audit
- Closure of non-conformities
- Rewarding the certificate to the organization