INTRODUCTION TO ATEX QAN CERTIFICATION:
This process is in accordance with the ATEX Directive for the EU for the equipment to be used in zones 1 and 0 (also 21 and 20). It is a mandatory Quality Assurance System for companies that apply for an ATEX EU-Type examination. To be permitted to sell ATEX products on the European market, manufacturers must obtain a Quality Assurance Notification (QAN) issued by a Notified Body. The Quality Assurance Notification is the continued monitoring of systems and processes in relation to those products in accordance with EN 80079-34.
ATEX equipment manufacturers must comply with the appropriate Annex(es) of the ATEX Directive (IV, V, VI, VII or IX) depending on zone designation of the equipment, if the product(s) are mass produced or a fixed number of units are manufactured, and if ISO 9001 certification is in place. If the manufacturer already holds a valid ISO 9001 certificate, the process is a little simpler as many of the fundamental requirements for ISO 9001 and EN 80079-34 overlap.
It is advisable for a manufacturer due to undergo an ATEX audit to refer to EN 80079-34 and make any necessary changes to implement EN 80079-34 requirements into its existing system.
APPLICABILITY (which Organizations can avail ATEX QAN?):
This Process of Quality Assurance is Applicable to all the industries which wants ATEX product Certification such as:
- On shore and off shore oil and gas rigs.
- Petrochemical Refineries.
- Fuel Distribution Depots.
- Oil and gas pipeline installation, repair and maintenance.
- Chemical and pharmaceutical industries.
- Building, construction and civil engineering in hazardous environments.
- Producers and users of solvents, paints, varnishes and other flammable liquids.
- Printing and textiles.
- Food manufacturers, wood processors, grain handling & storage- where dust are generated.
- Engineering where dust is created due to machining, grinding and sanding.
FOCUS POINTS- ATEX QAN CERTIFICATION:
- Establishing a stringent quality management system for industry targeting for ATEX product certification.
- Streamlining and Standardizing the business processes
- Risk management for the business
- Formulating Quality Policy and Objectives
- Setting up system for documentation and records.
- Management information system
- Business performance and sustainability
BENEFITS OF ATEX QAN CERTIFICATION:
- Fast European market access for your product.
- Manufacturers targeting global market especially Europe for equipment to be installed in explosive environment.
- Entry passport for supply to in Explosive Atmosphere industries.
- Better business opportunities and revenue.
- Status of organization with premium certification.
- Elimination of non-value-added activities from the system.
- Satisfaction and Retention of Valuable Customers.
- Better sustainability prospects.
ATEX QAN IMPLEMENTATION PROCESS BY PQSmitra:
PQSmitra has helped many organizations achieving this mark of excellence. The simple and practical method of system implementation help organizations to set up a robust and effective system.
PQSmitra offers 100% support for documentation compliance in addition to onsite guidance for effective implementation. The implementation process is described below:
- Initial visits and review of the existing product.
- Gap analysis and planning for the technical documentation related to ATEX Quality Assurance Notification(QAN).
- Training and Hand holding/ support for implementation.
- Management review meeting.
- Certification audit.
- Closure of non-conformities.
- ATEX QAN Rewards the certificate to the organization.
ATEX QAN CERTIFICATION REFERENCE STANDARD:
- ISO 80079-34 – Explosive atmospheres – Part 34: Application of quality systems for equipment manufacture.
- ISO 9001 – Quality management systems – Requirements.
- ISO 14001 – Environmental management systems — Requirements with guidance for use.
- OHSAS 18001 – Occupational Health and Safety Management.