The Global Security Verification (GSV) Standard is a program established by Intertek to help importers as well as suppliers in assessing their security measures based on international supply-chain security requirements. The aim of the GSV program is to partner with international suppliers and importers to drive the development of a global security verification process, resulting in greater assurance, risk control, efficiency and cost savings for all participants.
The GSV program is a collaboration between industry thought leaders and decision makers to assure both governments and companies that supply chains operate efficiently and comply with the multiple global supply chain security initiatives, including C-TPAT (Customs Trade Partnership Against Terrorism), PIP (Partners in Protection) and AEO (Authorized Economic Operators), WCO framework and related border security requirements.
Global Security Verification program unites a seasoned team of customs, in-country field inspectors, and information technology experts with proven business procedures and proprietary technology to collaborate on security issues related to international trade. These program is helps to secure trade flow, protection against terrorist acts & to combat illegal trafficking.
The internationally renowned GSV program provides global importers and their suppliers with the means to implement a single, industry-wide supply chain security verification process, resulting in competitive advantages such as greater assurance, risk control, efficiency and cost savings. GSV participants can leverage the program’s consolidated industry data accumulated to date from close to 7,000 global verifications conducted in over 60-plus countries, all with the goal of better understanding and managing supply chain security issues, trends and good practices.
Applicability (Which organizations can comply to GSV??)
- Manufacturing units including sub-contractors
- Any other business units irrespective of nature of business, size and location.
Note : In most of the cases, the GSV requirements are communicated by the overseas customers of the organization. However, the organization can implement the requirements voluntarily to avail the status and edge over competitors.
Focus Points – GSV – Global Security Verification
GSV focuses on following parameters
- Records and Documentation
- Personnel Security
- Physical Security
- Information Access Controls
- Shipment Information Controls
- Storage & Distribution
- Contractor Controls
- Export Logistics
- Transparency in Supply Chain
Benefits of GSV – Global Security Verification
- Enhanced Business opportunities
- Opportunity for exports. Supplier Approval by overseas customers
- Saving time and money by undergoing fewer security audits
- Reducing business disruption so we can focus on improve business performance
- Improves reputation in industries by meeting recognized global supply chain security criteria
- maximizing business potential by working smarter, efficiently and in alignment with business objectives
- Engagement with Global Security Program which covers best practice from C-TPAT, PIP & AEO
- Enables to leverage efforts through a common industry platform and collaboration
GSV- Implementation Process by PQSmitra
PQSmitra Team helps in easy understanding of the GSV requirements and simple methods for practical implementation. The initial review of the existing practices being followed at the organization is performed and road map is prepared for successful audit. 100% documentation support is offered to expedite the implementation process.The implementation process is described below:
- Initial visits and review of the existing system with respect to GSVR Requirements
- Gap analysis and planning for compliance
- Documentation including procedures, work instructions etc.
- Internal audits to verify the compliance prior to final audit
- Management review
- GSV audit / verification.
- Closure of non-conformities