The objective of this course is to enable the participants to understand Key concepts in Environmental Management System auditing, to build up practical auditing skills to become certified Internal Auditor and to enable the participants to plan, conduct & manage EMS internal audits.
An effective EMS audit provides a firm framework for meeting customer challenges and realizing benefits such as environmental protection, resource conservation and improve energy efficiency. Develop your auditing skills in line with the internationally recognized ISO 14001:2015 and boost your internal audit capabilities.
Who should attend?
- Environmental Managers / Executives
- Management Representatives
- EMS Consultants
- Personnel wishing to be certified as EMS internal auditors
- Introduction & History of ISO 14001,
- Overview of changes in ISO 14001:2015 with focus on EMS planning, leadership, risk based thinking, Life Cycle Perspective, performance evaluation and improvement,
- EMS auditing & introduction,
- Internal audit planning & preparation,
- Conducting internal audit & reporting non conformities,
- Corrective action & audit follow-up activities,
- Auditor attributes, competence & evaluation,
- Exercises, written examination & summing-up.