What is TAN Registration? & what is the Role of PQSmitra in it?
Any individual who is responsible for Tax Deduction at Source (TDS) or Tax Collection at Source (TCS) on behalf of the government compulsory needs to have a TAN or Tax Deduction and Collection Number which is a 10 digit alpha number.
A proprietorship business and other business entities (private limited company, LLP, etc.) need to be TAN Registered as they need to deduct tax while making payments like salary, payments to contractors/sub-contractors, payment of rents, and many more. While deducting the tax, the TAN Registered individual can issue a TDS Certificate as proof of collection of tax.
A TAN is issued with lifetime validity and doesn’t need to be renewed. However, if there are changes in the details submitted during the application for TAN registration, the same has to be communicated to the Tax Department.
PQSmitra offers TAN Registration Service, where our experts can easily guide you with the whole process, documents required, time is taken to be successfully registered, its validity, etc. Our vital support will certainly gain you a 10 digit alpha number and be TAN Registered.
Who can apply for TAN Registration?
- Any individuals or entities that require deducting tax while making certain payments, which include proprietorship business, PVT LTD companies, and LLP companies, etc.
- The non-profit organization making specific payments above the threshold limit
- Branches of business making specified payments above the threshold limit
Benefits of TAN Registration
- A unique Tax Deduction Account Number is obtained
- A valid proof of collecting Tax
- Quick processing & easy to understand
- Enquiry Form (where all your information will be taken for the form filling process/Basic Registration)
- Will keep updating you about the status of the process
- Verification & Submission of documents with TAN Authority
- TAN Card will be delivered to you