What is Professional Tax? & what is the Role of PQSmitra in it?
Professional Tax is the tax that is imposed on all kinds of professions, trades & employment and is based on the income of each. It is a state-level tax that is compulsory to be paid by every staff working in private companies.
In certain states, there is the concept of a composition scheme. For e.g. in the case of Maharashtra, the government announced a composition scheme under which any person liable to make payment to the government at the rate of Rs. 2500 may make a lump sum payment in advance of Rs. 10,000 and his liability to pay for 5 years will be discharged.
The owner of the business is solely responsible to deduct professional tax from the employees and pay the amount to the government department. Some of the state governments that have levied professional tax are Karnataka, West Bengal, Andhra Pradesh, Maharashtra, Tamil Nadu, Gujarat, Assam, Chhattisgarh, Kerala, Meghalaya, Orissa, Tripura, and Madhya Pradesh.
PQSmitra offers this Professional Tax Registration Services where our experts will professionally help you get registered under professional tax without any concern.
Who can apply for Professional Tax Registration?
Every self-employed professional and any business entity employing one or more employees.
Benefits of Professional Tax Registration
- Numerous welfare and development schemes will be implemented for the particular regions
- Employees can claim a deduction based on the amount paid for Professional Tax
- Easy to comply with legal regulations
- As it’s a mandatory requirement, any fines and penalties will be neglected
- Enquiry Form (where all your information will be taken for the form filling process/Basic Registration)
- Will keep updating you about the status of the process
- Verification & Submission of documents
- Professional Tax certification will be mailed to you by us